With agreement from HBOC this magnificent trophy from an earlier age is up for grabs between HBOC, OBOP and Taupo.
It has been competed for in the past between HBOC and Taupo clubs but has not been in evidence for quite some years now.
So, this event is something of a resurrection for the trophy.
• Venue: - Whakaipo Bay DOC Reserve Mapara Rd. Signposted from entrance to Reserve on Mapara Road.
• Courses: - Planner Chris Morris has created 6 courses that will be suitable for all ages and abilities.
The classes for the competition are as in the table below, but teams and those who prefer a
course not as per the age classes, can of course enter in any course they prefer.
The objective of the competition is:
1. Everyone who enters a course in their age class counts towards the result.
2. There is some recognition to encourage more club members to take part.
Points based on average of time of qualifying club members in each course.
1st = 7 points
2nd = 5 points
3rd = 2 points
No entries = Take the next available points i.e. If the 2 other clubs have members on the course then take 3rd = 2 points
If there are more than 3 entries from a club in any course, multiply the points for that course by 1.5.
• $5 for club members
• $10 for non-club members
• Hire SIcards will be available at $3
Team entries are available.
Registration: - Online before Thursday 3rd Dec, 11:59pm
We will only have a limited number of on-the-day entries available and a $5 On-the-Day fee will be added to these entries.
• BBQ: A BBQ will be available for BYO steak/sausages and sausages/bread/sauce will be available $2 each.
• Swim: Of course the Lake is right there to help you cool off after your run.
For further information contact Chris on 027 366 1071 or email email@example.com
© Copyright 2020 - Taupo Orienteering Club - All rights reserved.